Struggling with the aftermath of trauma can be extremely stressful, and it can lead to dangerous behaviors, too. If you have unresolved trauma from your past, you may find that you’re also struggling with drugs or alcohol. You may also be battling mental health issues, gambling, or other common problems. But you don’t have to live your life that way any longer. At Fort Behavioral Health, our therapists are experienced in treating trauma to ensure you get the help and support you need. Successful and complete resolutions to trauma can take time, but we’re here to help you every step of the way.
If you’re looking for a therapy program in Fort Worth, Texas, give us a call at 844.332.1807 today.
How Trauma Affects You
Trauma can affect anyone, regardless of age, gender, or race. Traumatic experiences vary from person to person, so what affects you may not affect your neighbor. Trauma may include:
- A natural disaster
- Being in a combat situation
- Surviving a physical or sexual assault
In the long term, traumatic experiences can influence your behavior and cause you to turn to substances, such as drugs or alcohol, to cope. In such cases, it’s vital to seek treatment at a dual diagnosis treatment center as soon as possible.
The Importance of a Trauma Therapy Program
When it’s time to get treatment, you don’t want to go just anywhere. By selecting a program that addresses trauma in Fort Worth, Texas, you can get the treatment you’re looking for close to home. You’ll have the familiarity of the local area, but you’ll also be in a place where you can get the support and guidance you deserve. Then you can focus on getting better and being healthy and happy again.
No matter what type of therapy will be best for you or what specific type of treatment you need, our program is the right place to get the support you’re looking for. We have a highly trained and professional staff dedicated to ensuring you’re getting all the right help for you at a comfortable pace. Working through trauma can take time, and we must ensure it’s done right for your future and long-term success.
Types of Trauma Treatment at Fort Behavioral Health
At Fort Behavioral Health, we specialize in treating a wide range of trauma-related issues. Our program includes:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) – This therapy helps you recognize how your thoughts and beliefs may be influencing your behavior. CBT teaches techniques for managing difficult emotions and recognizing patterns that could put you at risk for relapse.
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) – EMDR is a form of psychotherapy that helps reduce the intensity of emotionally charged memories from trauma. It’s based on the idea that disturbing experiences can become “trapped” in the brain, and EMDR helps you to process those experiences and move past them.
- Group therapy sessions – Group therapy sessions give you the opportunity to talk and share stories with others who have experienced similar traumas. Sessions provide a safe space to process emotions, learn coping skills, and validate your feelings.
- Individual sessions – Individual sessions offer more personalized attention and the opportunity to focus on personal issues. We believe that one-on-one sessions are essential for fostering healing and growth.
Working with the Right People Matters
When you have trusted professionals on your side, it’s far easier to get the kind of support you’re looking for. You don’t have to settle for less than that at our program that addresses trauma. Instead, you can get the guidance and help you deserve. We know it’s not always going to be easy to talk about trauma, which is why you need a safe space to do so. Whether it’s childhood trauma that’s been affecting your life for a long time or something that happened to you just recently, there are options for you to get the help that works for your situation and needs.
Let Fort Behavioral Health Help You Today
You don’t have to allow trauma to control any more of your life. You can break free from it and conquer its effects on your life by attending a quality program that addresses trauma. We’re here to give you that help, and we can get you on the road to recovery. At Fort Behavioral Health, we offer treatment for a variety of conditions, including:
- Alcohol addiction treatment
- Heroin addiction treatment
- Cocaine addiction treatment
- Meth addiction treatment
- Opioid addiction treatment
Contact us at 844.332.1807 today, and we’ll work with you on the path to a trauma recovery that’s strong and lasting so that you can focus on a happier, brighter future.