If you or your loved one is struggling with a substance use disorder, you’re not alone. About 20 million people over the age of 12 struggle with substance abuse in the United States. Risk factors include growing up in a home with substance abuse and certain mental health conditions. The consequences of substance abuse can also be severe: higher risk for heart disease, risky behavior, damaged relationships with loved ones, and increased chances for suicide or overdose. However, lasting recovery is possible. In our adult recovery program at Fort Behavioral Health, we offer hope and healing for adults struggling with substance use disorder.
Choosing a Residential Adult Recovery Program
Overcoming addiction is hard, especially alone. Willpower might not be enough to quit abusing substances, especially after prolonged use. Because substance abuse causes changes in the brain, quitting is difficult even for those who want to. The brain becomes dependent on the substance and impairs decision-making abilities. Additionally, when trying to recover alone, relapse is more common.
A residential adult recovery program can provide the necessary support to avoid relapse and set you or your loved one on the path to long-lasting recovery. Additionally, short-term inpatient treatment prepares you for continued treatment in your community. These programs typically include:
- Group and individual therapy to help you overcome cravings and build new coping strategies
- Treatment for co-occurring mental health problems like depression and anxiety
- Personalized treatment plans
- Evidence-based methods
- 12-step programs for social support from those with similar struggles
- Exercise programs to help your body while your mind heals
- Medical support
- Medication to help prevent relapse and manage withdrawal symptoms
- Referrals for continued care
Our program at Fort Behavioral Health provides all of this and more in our state-of-the-art facility in Fort Worth, Texas.
Our Adult Recovery Program in Texas
Many who would benefit from treatment never seek out or complete a recovery program. However, an inpatient recovery program provides round-the-clock support during the crucial first weeks of sobriety. At Fort Behavioral Health, we know that since everyone’s path into addiction is different, their treatment has to be unique as well. When you enter our adult recovery program in Texas, our experienced staff will work with you to create a personalized treatment program. This often includes treatment for mental health conditions like depression, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder. We use evidence-based methods and treatments that help you heal in body and mind.
At our facility, we have private, comfortable rooms and bathrooms. Getting out of the environment where you’ve previously abused substances is important for recovery. Our peaceful facilities can be exactly the escape you need. We also offer access to our full-size basketball court, gym, and group fitness classes to contribute to your overall well-being. Finally, delicious, nutrient-rich meals keep you healthy as you recover.
We offer a variety of programs and treatments, including:
- Our 12-step program – This recovery program is the oldest and most widely used for substance abuse. It’s a safe, supportive community that can give you long-term support as you continue on your journey to sobriety. Each of the 12 steps offers you a chance to improve yourself and look inward to find new ways to cope without drugs or alcohol.
- Adolescent treatment program – This program is designed to help adolescents overcome their struggles with substances and mental health, build a better foundation, and prepare them for adulthood.
- Alcohol addiction treatment program – Alcohol use disorder is one of the most common forms of addiction but is also challenging to treat. Our treatment program works with your body and mind to heal from alcohol abuse.
- Heroin addiction treatment program – Heroin is a powerful drug with intense physical and psychological effects. At Fort Behavioral Health, we use proven methods to help you or your loved one recover from heroin addiction safely and effectively.
- Drug and alcohol detox – We provide a medical detox in which we monitor your vital signs and treat withdrawal symptoms 24 hours a day.
Since we offer a detox program at our facility, you won’t need to travel between two places, and this can lead to a speedier recovery. We are committed to your care, and our experienced staff can find the right treatment program for you.
Contact Fort Behavioral Health Today
While overcoming substance abuse alone is hard, addiction doesn’t have to rule your life. An adult recovery program in Texas like ours at Fort Behavioral Health can be the beginning of a new life. We want to help you or your loved one develop healthy habits that can lead to lasting recovery. Take the first step towards recovery today and contact Fort Behavioral Health online or call 844.332.1807.