Summertime brings with it new opportunities to get outdoors and spend time with family and friends again. For those engaging in a sober life, it can seem difficult, though, to find things to do that do not put you at risk for drug and alcohol relapse. Sober activities can be just as enjoyable and packed with a wide range of experiences to enjoy. At Fort Behavioral Health, we encourage you to engage in life, but if you are struggling with relapse thoughts, reach out to us first. Our adult recovery program can offer help at any time.
What Sober Activities Are There?
Sobriety is difficult to earn. For those who have gone through addiction treatment, you may know just how hard you’ve worked to get yourself on the right track moving forward. You don’t want to give that up for a few minutes of drug use. That’s why it is so important to find sober activities to enjoy. For this summer, consider things such as:
- Visiting a new park or national reserve – Get out and into the world around you to experience all it offers.
- Host your own picnic or barbecue in your backyard – You control who comes and what’s served. Ask everyone to remember your goals of living a sober life.
- Visit a few museums – Take in a few sights around the town that you may not have noticed before. Most often, without addiction in the way, you’ll find there’s much to love about your city.
- Find a way to give back – Visit a local shelter or support group to find out what you can do to help support people who are still struggling.
- Plant a garden – Do some landscaping. Or, if you are up for it, do some home remodeling. Now that you’ve managed to work through addiction, you are stronger and healthier than ever.
Maintaining a Sober Life Is What You Make of It
What is essential to remember about sobriety is that it gives you a new opportunity to live your life. Even if you attend a dinner party or travel to a new city, you don’t have to use drugs or alcohol when you do so. While adult addiction is complex and there’s no leeway for using here and there, you don’t have to give up the things you love. Whether that’s enjoying the outdoors, spending time with friends, or just enjoying your family close to home – just engage in life again.
How Can an Adult Recovery Program Help You?
If you are finding it hard to embrace life around you, it may be because you’re at risk for relapse. This can happen to some people, especially when you are fresh out of treatment. You may be thinking about what you don’t get to do because of alcohol or drug use. If you are feeling this way, it’s a good idea to reach out for help. A relapse prevention program can offer help to you and get you back on track to living a healthy and more rich life.
Don’t be afraid to get help if you are struggling with addiction thoughts right now. The sooner you act and request support, the more likely you are to win this battle. Our team can offer help through a range of programs and therapies:
- Help for chronic relapses
- Support through cognitive-behavioral therapy
- 12-step treatment help
- Individual counseling
- Support for mental health needs
Find More Sober Activities for the Summertime with Our Help
If you’re struggling to maintain sobriety, let our team at Fort Behavioral Health offer support and guidance. With a range of treatment options and innovative strategies, our dedicated professionals and master clinicians can help you stay on the right course. Check out these sober activities and, if you need some help, call 844.332.1807 or connect with us online today.