Everyone deserves to have access to high-quality mental health care when needed. No one is immune, and we all can benefit from professional support at times. Mental health is not separate from health. Prioritizing it is as important as prioritizing cardiovascular, endocrine, or pulmonary health. Simply put, mental health is health. If you or someone you love could benefit from a mental health treatment center, find out more and learn how you can access care.
Whether you are dealing with an addiction, feel at risk for addiction, or need care for anxiety, depression, or other mental health conditions, reach out to Fort Behavioral Health. Our dual diagnosis treatment center offers evidence-based, quality mental health services. Call 844.332.1807 or submit our online form to connect to our Fort Behavioral Health team.
Mental Health Treatment Near Dallas, TX
Mental health and substance use are closely linked. At Fort Behavioral Health, we provide mental health treatment near Dallas, TX, with a coordinated approach to treating addiction and a co-occurring mental health diagnosis.
Some of the proven, evidence-based therapies available at Fort Behavioral Health include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)-CBT is a highly goal-oriented mental health therapy that focuses on shifting false beliefs and harmful thoughts. This therapy follows an individualized, strategic step-by-step process and usually has a set endpoint. The duration depends on a range of factors but typically includes between 24 and 48 sessions. Group therapy and one-on-one therapy sessions can use the principles of CBT.
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)-This is another form of behavioral therapy that, as its name implies, brings two seemingly opposite things together, which are acceptance and change. Ideal for suicidality, self-harm, and victims of trauma, DBT enables clients to manage and then shift both hurtful beliefs and risky behaviors.
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)-EMDR helps people reprocess traumatic information and memories so that they will no longer throw their lives out of balance. When memories of trauma overwhelm the brain’s ability to find equilibrium and health, the bilateral stimulation of EMDR creates a dual awareness of both safety and past trauma, allowing the experience of trauma to shift and no longer induce mental health symptoms.
- Somatic experiencing therapy-This body-centered trauma therapy brings about self-regulation by releasing traumatic shock and the physical fight or flight reactions that induce symptoms. After traumatic events, stress often becomes trapped in the nervous system, and somatic experiencing therapy can help discharge it.
- Dual-diagnosis treatment-When there are co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders, a combined approach is best. A combination of therapeutic approaches can be used in dual-diagnosis treatment with a goal towards addiction recovery and mental health.
Comprehensive Care at Fort Behavioral Health
If you are looking for professional support and treatment for your mental health challenges, our mental health treatment center can help you. We treat a wide range of mental health disorders and can also address them in a combined therapeutic approach that also treats addiction.
We treat mental health disorders, such as:
- Anxiety disorders
- Bipolar disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- ADD or ADHD (attention deficit disorder or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder)
- PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder)
- Borderline personality disorder
At Fort Behavioral Health, our evidence-based therapies are provided both inpatient and outpatient in a peaceful setting by experienced, compassionate providers.
Choose Fort Behavioral Health for Mental Health Treatment Near Dallas, TX
If you are looking for Dallas, TX, mental health treatment centers, reach out to Fort Behavioral Health today to learn how we can help you with your mental health journey. Our staff is ready to answer your questions and provide guidance regarding treatment options, timelines, insurance coverage, and more. All you have to do is call 844.332.1807 or submit our simple online form. Remember, you do not have to do this alone. Reach out to Fort Behavioral Health today.